Friday 20 April 2012

Furniture and fashion, part 2















Hello everyone! Are you ready for the conclusion of my report on Milan Design Week?

After attending the Notte Bianca on Tuesday, today I went to check out the fair's installations in centre city. I am so glad I did! Proofs of the quintessential alliance between furniture and fashion we're everywhere. Artworks and fashion were displayed alongside each other in the windows of almost every store in center city, such as Pollini and Marella.

Milan's flagship department store, La Rinascente, dedicated one floor to the event. And who knew that Kartell now produces footwear? I need these Acne-looking rain boots!

In the afternoon, before our departure to the countryside, I even squeezed in a trip to the Triennale Design Museum with my son. Although I thought the Lego exhibition was going to be the focus of his attention, as you can see his favorite installation was a quie different one :-)  Mine was the one by Belgium is Design, especially these two desks that would fit wonderfully in my office in Montreal...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...