Thursday 15 March 2012

SS12 trends | Beware of the pyjama pants





How do you feel about pyjama pants for everyday wear?

I knew I was officially over my unhealthy obsession for everything by Celine (which had started last Fall) when I looked at the brand's black-and-white silk pyjama pants in the SS12 clothing collection. I have to admit, I am not a big fan of pyjama pants. They can make sense for a beautiful model like Hanneli Mustaparta, but for the average mom will exacerbate the I-got-out-of-bed-and-did-not-have-time-to-brush-my-hair image that, I am sure, we all try to avoid even after a sleepless night with our kids. The other spring trend I will not embrace when it comes to pants and denim is the ultra-distressed style à-la Acne, which is (for reasons unknown to me) now sold out everywhere.

What do I covet then? Bottoms in pastels and muted neon hues, at cheap prices.  As for the cut, skinnies are back (aren't they always?), so don't sweat it. For a bit fifties flare, go for a pleated skirt instead.

P.S. This is the third post of our SS12 trends issue. Earlier posts:
  1. The mint, the pastel and the neon
  2. The Cinderella syndrom 

Photo: Celine's black-and-white silk pyjama pants via Iconico; Acne distressed denim jacket at Fashion Week via Telegraph.

    1 comment:

    1. What do I covet then? Bottoms in pastels and muted neon hues, at cheap prices. As for the cut, skinnies are back (aren't they always?), so don't sweat it. For a bit fifties flare, go for a pleated skirt instead.
      floral sheets ,
      most comfortable sheets ,

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...